Friday, November 20, 2009

Citation Needed

Bookmark and Share
I doubt I could appreciate Sarah Palin any less than I already do but I still feel I must step in when it comes to poorly executed "satire." You can imagine my delight when I stumbled upon the following piece posted by Mr. Borowitz recently:

NEW YORK (The Borowitz Report) - Amid the publicity blitz for her new book, Going Rogue, former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin said today that "she was looking forward to reading it, big time."

Gov. Palin said that the book caught her interest as she was promoting it on Oprah last week.

"From everything I've said about it, it sure seems to be a page-turner," she said. "As soon as I'm off this book tour I can't wait to sink my teeth into it."

Former Miss California Carrie Prejean echoed Gov. Palin's sentiments: "I am also looking forward to reading my book."
However, this turned out to possibly be the most misleading piece of garbage I've ever read on the internet. When I attempted to follow the link for verification, my browser was redirected to http://www.borowitzreport.com/, which was down. So not only can I not verify the piece because the site is down, but if I could I would be verifying it with the same person that told me in the first place.

Furthermore, at first it arranged in such a way to mislead the reader into believing that Sarah Palin is excited to read her own book as soon as she is done promoting it. When looked at again, it becomes clear that Mrs. Palin is probably speaking about Carrie Prejean's book but this is never confirmed, and the title of the article, "Palin Looking Forward to Reading Her Book," only serves to further this misconception.

Could this guy be any more deceiving? I'd have to assume no, simply because while I was searching for verification, I found that may people had ran with this, posting portions of it as though they got the former gov.

Look, I hate Sarah Palin as much as the next rational guy, but come on.

Update: BorowitzReport.com is back up. Citations still missing. Idiot bloggers still reposting the article as if it were factual. Shenanigans!

------
Read More HERE @ HuffingtonPost.com



|

No comments:

Post a Comment